TENANT ACCOUNT MANAGER
At Daniels, you will work with passionate leaders across the real estate development process to make purposeful change and bring communities to life.
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 39 years. Daniels has built more than 39,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
WE DO WHAT’S RIGHT
We stand behind what we build, and we make it last. By approaching what we do with the highest standards, we create exceptional homes and resilient communities.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST
By putting people first, we build strong and diverse communities in which we can all reach our full potential together.
WE BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Daniels makes positive change possible. Our sustainable practices and long-term thinking drive us to build a healthy future for all.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
We go above and beyond, because our passion pushes us to take action. At Daniels, you will love what you do so people can love where they live.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a Tenant Account Manager for the Gateway team at the Mississauga office. Reporting to the Director of Gateway Operations and Director of Finance Revenue Producing Properties, the role will be responsible for the daily management of several portfolios and overseeing and executing all tasks for Gateway/Skyrise/Evolv accounting, as well as the overall management of the Accounts Receivable Team.
- All accounts receivable functions our rental communities including (but not limited to) deposits, move-ins, move-outs, deposit accounting, review aged receivables, N4’s, prepare all Landlord and Tenant Board filing to send to 3rd party legal counsel.
- Liaise daily with revenue accountant from our head office to review and maintain rent payments and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for processing all monthly renewals N1’s & N2’s.
- Process journal entries for any Real Estate approved client applications.
- Perform all Accounting monthly functions for investor portfolios, including processing rent payments, invoices and contacting clients for payments.
- Prepare monthly accounting calendar.
- Process all monthly pre-authorized payments and bank submissions. Review and process perauthorized payments returns and post-dated return cheques.
- Prepare and review quarterly reports.
- Prepare and review urbanization report.
- Prepare, review, and submit quarterly managerial report.
- Prepare and customize daily outstanding rent reports.
- Process staff expenses.
- Close end of month for all Gateway properties (account receivables).
- Prepare financial and operation reports for Director of Gateway Operations.
- Review, confirm and DocuSign leases for tenants.
- Assisting the Director and Operations Manager with any supportive tasks.
- Liaise with members of staff with their queries.
- Respond to all tenants’ emails and assist site staff with any questions.
- College diploma or certificate in business administration or accounting preferred.
- Must have practical working knowledge of Yardi Voyager and solid Microsoft Office computer skills, with a focus on Word and Excel.
- Legal background, knowledge or familiarity with the Landlord and Tenant Board and Residential Tenancy Act would be an asset.
- Residential accounting background is an asset.
- Experience managing a small team would be an asset.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team is essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Stephen Clifford, Director of Gateway Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th, 2023.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.