As a subject matter expert in the field of design, project management and architecture/engineering this job is responsible to effectively plan and manage a portfolio of space projects in the planning, design and development, reconfiguration and construction in relation to all City-owned buildings and facilities. This position is responsible to manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to ensure that administrative offices and other city owned facilities are redeveloped to incorporate the City’s Hybrid Work strategy, Capital Projects and reconfigurations to ensure that work is completed on-time, within budget as well as within industry and City standards. This position is also responsible for the asset management, operations and lifecycle of the City’s furniture portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Undertakes project and contract management, managing multiple projects with adjusting priorities simultaneously
• Manage projects from initiation through close (including scope development, budget allocation, engagement planning, and execution). Projects can range in value from $25k to $5m.
• Liaise with City Departments and other user groups to establish their needs, produce accommodation plans, furniture installation drawings, and specifications as well as cost estimates for projects
• Responsible for stakeholder engagement, facilitation, and change management of projects, leveraging change management tactics including developing an understanding of how processes and policies are impacted/effected and are required to support changes in a space
• Investigates field conditions of the proposed project and produces and updates floor plans of assigned City of Mississauga sites using AutoCAD and oversees the co-ordination and installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment, and conducts move management
• Develop detailed drawing packages (as-built, demolition and construction, millwork, proposed layout, finishes, electrical & data, IT/AV Design Drawings) and provide input on the functionality, practicality and feasibility of the design.
• Manages minor construction work through the use of the Job Order Contract (JOC) or Low Value Acquisition (LVA).
• Coordinate with Consultants, Contractors, Stakeholders, Buyers, and Facility Managers etc. to deliver space projects including reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure they are in accordance with determined scope of work.
• Manages new product delivery and move management for new construction and renovations.
• Manages lifecycle furniture replacements.
• Obtain vendor quotes, review and verify invoices for work performed/goods received and assist in the monitoring and tracking of account numbers while ensuring compliance with procurement policies and procedures
• Ensure conformance of design with all applicable codes and regulations
• Co-ordinate small job requests; adjusting furniture, maintenance and repairs on furniture; dealing with office space modifications, life cycle replacements and ergonomic accommodations/adjustments
• Manages furniture, fixture, and equipment inventory for all facilities, including stored and decommissioned products, makes purchasing recommendations and orders inventory as needed
• Functions as contact person for furniture deliveries and replacements
• Action Health and Safety requests as necessary to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) and other provincial regulations and or Health and Safety act documentation as required
• Provide input into the preparation of business cases related to office relocations, furniture acquisitions, and the City’s space strategy
• Prepare project plans, checklists, timelines and budgets for renovations and relocations, monitor progress to ensure plans, timelines, and budgets are met
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with external vendors and internal business partners to ensure expectations are satisfied
• Develop project schedules in coordination with Facility Operations to accommodate City facility programming
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
Completion of post-secondary studies in Architectural Technology, Architecture, or Interior Design,
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility planning and office accommodation/space design or a minimum equivalent combination of 5 years education and experience.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, SAP and SharePoint.
• Experience in facilitation and presentation techniques and furniture specification writing, as well as contract administration, cost estimating and providing superior customer service.
• Good knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC), Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable regulations and Acts as they relate to facility space planning projects,
• Project and contract management skills and experience required plus facilitation and change management experience
• BCIN, PMP, and/or change management certification an asset,
• Demonstrated ability to plan and design space to solve user needs with efficient use of budget and space,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide technical assistance to clients,
• Ability to work independently, organize, and prioritize work to ensure project, financial, and administrative processing deadlines are adhered to,
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as required
• Ability to travel to various City of Mississauga locations in a timely manner
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 41.11 - $ 54.81
Hours of Work:35hrs
Work Location:Civic Centre
Organization Unit:CPS/Space Planning A
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Facility Planning & Accessibility
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.