Governance Coordinator and Executive Assistant
The Foundation is seeking an experienced executive office administrator with a background in supporting senior executives and managing Board functions. Reporting to the CEO, you will provide executive support, oversee the day-to-day operations of the CEO's office, and coordinate administrative activities related to the governance of the Foundation's Board of Trustees. Key responsibilities will include overseeing workflows, approvals, and the status of commitments; supporting the CEO by managing their calendar, arranging travel, tracking expenses, and reviewing and preparing documents; managing and responding to complex issues; undertaking special projects and event planning; and supporting the functions of the Board, including governance practices, meeting material preparation, correspondence handling, records management, and expense account coordination.
- Completion of a postsecondary diploma or degree in Public Administration, Business Administration of a related field, or a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- A certification in governance (e.g., GPC.D) is an asset.
- Five (5) years’ experience in progressively responsible similar function, including working as an Executive Assistant to a senior executive; experience in a law-related, non-profit or foundation environment is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of board governance principles, research, and issues management.
- Proficiency in administrative principles, procedures, and records retention.
- Analytical and research skills for identifying emerging best practices.
- Project management abilities for undertaking projects on behalf of the CEO and Board.
- Strong written communication skills for creating and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in databases, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and online meeting platforms.
How to Apply:
Please click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your cover letter addressing your interest in this opportunity and working for the Law Foundation of Ontario along with your resume to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) by October 27th, 2023.
If you have questions or if you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Mirjana Nevajdic 416-237-1500 x.236 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about The Law Foundation of Ontario please visit https://lawfoundation.on.ca.
The Foundation is a hybrid workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including RRSP matching. This is a full-time, permanent position.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. As part of our commitment to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we believe in sharing salary information. We are conducting a full review of our compensation bands and practices in 2023. When this process is complete, we intend to include salary information in our job postings and have greater salary transparency overall. We thank you in advance for your understanding.