The Marketing, Student Recruitment & Events Coordinator works as a member of the Thompson Rivers University, Williams Lake campus team, under the direction of the Manager, Williams Lake Enrolment Services and Student Support. The role of the Coordinator is to plan and execute various marketing campaigns and events, as well as connect with prospective students and key influencers to promote TRU Williams Lake (and the overall institution). This position will also provide information and guidance regarding program offerings, admission requirements, and registration information to prospective students and applicants. In collaboration with other team members, the Marketing, Student Recruitment & Events Coordinator will also assist with planning and implementing a variety of campus and community events, such as Convocation, Gala, open houses, calling campaigns, mailings, and electronic communications with prospective students, applicants, new admits, families, donors, local school district and community contacts and other stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the development of an annual campus marketing plan and individual program marketing plans by recommending strategies and tactics that will help increase awareness, drive inquiries, or achieve objectives for marketing, student recruitment and events on the TRU Williams Lake Campus, in conjunction with TRU Marketing and Communications.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends in digital and social media marketing and is adept with using a variety of digital channels for advertising, as well as website content editing and strategies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local advertising sales representatives (e.g. online advertising, radio, theatre, print, etc.), responsible for local media buying, securing media discounts and making recommendations on new advertising opportunities.
- Establishes and manages working relationships with internal (e.g. TRU Bookstore) and external suppliers (e.g. printers, photography, video), requests quotes, selects vendors, sets project timelines, oversees quality control and financial accountability related to production. Securing sponsorship/donations with vendors and external suppliers.
- Coordinates and leads projects including: purchasing online and offline media, setting up dockets using project management software, maintaining project files, preparing materials for project meetings, and project budgets.
- Collaborates with graphic design team to ensure TRU brand guidelines are adhered to and the brief is followed.
- Collaborates with the content team to ensure consistency in messaging across all promotional materials and advertising (paid and unpaid), and the brief is upheld.
- Reviews and signs off on promotional materials and advertising prior to final files being sent to vendors and stakeholders.
- Liaises with the TRU Marketing and Communications team to identify and implement effective communication and media relation strategies and tactics with respect to TRU Williams Lake.
- Coordinates the communication plan to all TRU Williams Lake students by creating and sending newsletters, mailings, and other communicative pieces to prospective and current students, as well as alumni.
- In consultation with the Manager, Enrolment Services and Student Support, and the TRU Future Students Office, plans, organizes and conducts visits to local and targeted Canadian secondary schools to meet with counselors and advise prospective students on program offerings, the application process, admission requirements, scholarships, housing etc.
- Prepares and delivers effective recruitment presentations in schools, career and education fairs, and other related recruitment events regarding study options at TRU. This includes scheduling and confirming visits, making travel arrangements, shipping materials and collective and recording prospect information.
- Advises prospective TRU students, school counsellors and others on academic offerings, admission requirements, and/or required prerequisite studies. Provides information on housing, scholarships, and other services available to TRU students. Advising takes place at secondary schools, at career/education fairs, as well as with individual students and their families visiting TRU Williams Lake. Advising also takes place through telephone, electronic mail, and web-based correspondence.
- Provides educational plans and first year planning prior to admission in collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, plans and conducts on-campus events, such as recruitment and conversion events, the annual TRU Williams Lake Convocation ceremony, donor announcements, alumni events, the annual TRU Williams Lake Gala and all other institution related events.
- Coordinates and participates in local and targeted community events, on behalf of the TRU Williams Lake community.
- Monitors and assists all Faculties, Schools and Departments on the TRU Williams Lake campus in organizing events to ensure events are executed with high quality, consistency and to ensure protocols are met.
- Communicates with a high level of professionalism and tact within the TRU Williams Lake Campus, within TRU and outside of TRU as a key representative for the university and campus, specifically.
- Builds and maintains relationships with relevant on-campus and off-campus community networks.
Manager, Williams Lake Enrolment Services & Student Support
- A four-year baccalaureate degree in relevant area
- Two years' related experience in a post-secondary environment where marketing, event management, public speaking, and stakeholder engagement were part of the responsibilities.
- Experience in editing, written communication, social media advertising, project management software, and annual reports
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to communicate effectively to culturally diverse audiences, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with students, parents, donors, VIP's, government officials, campus and community partners, and the general public
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to be results oriented and to juggle conflicting priorities while working within tight timeframes and demanding workloads
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive knowledge of marketing concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of University academic policies, admission requirements and program information
- Project management skills with the proven ability to plan, lead and coordinate projects on time and on budget
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Demonstrated ability with event planning
- Ability to travel, independently, for extended periods of time, by road and air travel
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's license with no restrictions that would prevent incumbent from required travel
- Knowledge of media vendors and media buying
- Working knowledge of content management systems and customer relationship management systems
- High level of tact, discretion, and ability to handle and maintain confidential information with the ability to respond appropriately and use judgement when to refer to the Manager, Williams Lake Enrolment Services and Student Support, Associate Dean, Williams Lake and/or Designate Dean, Williams Lake
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time
- Travel required within Canada
- Ability to lift and load up to 25kg
- Standing for long periods of time on concrete floors during events and education fairs
- Work outside in all types of weather
- Flexibility in work hours, some evening and weekend work required
- General office conditions
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
$29.79 - $33.10 ( CUPE Grade 08 (90% - 100%) )
This Position is not subject to a 90% start rate for new Employees.
Williams Lake, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Williams Lake Campus -> Enrolment and Student Services, Williams Lake
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Careers website. External Candidates invited to interview will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/bW1gwBu4meE8DuRrphNaLJ