Responsible for performing building maintenance duties including cleaning, waste collection and general cleaning. Responsible to ensure City By-laws, (e.g. no smoking in areas, proper parking) and regulations governing the sale of alcohol and respond to inquiries from the general public.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- To ensure a clean environment at all times by performing cleaning duties such as mopping, sweeping, trash collection, disinfecting as well as set up and tear downs for functions at Community Centres, pools, ice rinks andoff-site facilities.
- Assist in performing ice maintenance
- Assist full-timestaff during floods
- Assist in cleaning pool (hair filters, skimmer baskets, etc)
- Ensure a safe environment at all times clearing snow, enforcing rules, performing safety checks and reporting any safety concerns
- Provide customer service to customers, answers to inquiries, answer question, assist where necessary during functions.
- Must be 15 years or older
- Related experience
- Ability to do physical work in a variety of climatic conditions
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR “C” certificate is required(or willing to obtain within 6 months)
- Physical work in a variety of conditions (warm and humid to freezing)
- Various locations including pools, arenas and community centres
Hourly Rate/Salary:16.55 - 17.62
Hours of Work:up to 24
Work Location:Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation & Culture Division,Golf & Arenas
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.