British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. With $233 billion of gross assets under management, BCI is the provider of investment management services to British Columbia’s public sector. We invest globally across a range of asset classes and strategies in public and private markets. BCI generates the investment returns that help our British Columbian public sector clients build financially secure futures.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity. Being recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers exemplifies BCI’s ongoing commitment to be a progressive workplace of choice; one that attracts, retains, and promotes talent so that we can continue to work towards meeting our clients’ financial goals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on specialized skills and expertise to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Are you an organized, proactive, and detail-oriented individual passionate about diversity and inclusion? Join our team as an HR Technician and play a crucial role in managing logistics and coordination while making a meaningful impact on BCI’s EDI&EE programs.
This is your chance to showcase your exceptional project management and business writing skills while contributing to building a more inclusive work environment! Come join our team in our downtown Victoria office!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Employee Experience (EDI&EE), the HR Technician completes a wide range of administrative functions, tasks, and projects in support of the EDI&EE Centre of Excellence (COE).
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
The Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Employee Experience (EDI&EE) team is at the epicentre of the employee experience and BCI’s culture across multiple locations. The team is responsible for the execution and implementation of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy and building BCI’s competitive advantage through employee experience initiatives.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Completion of a diploma in Business, Human Resources, Social Sciences or Administration
- 3+ years of office experience with preference given to those with HR experience
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe, SharePoint Online; Workday
- Ability to work effectively with broad direction in an interdependent team environment
- Strong organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and seamlessly change priorities when required
- Ability to work with a range of professionals in a proactive and confidential manner
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO
- Support the EDI Council by scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and distribution of materials. Organizing recognition events and drafting recommendation letters
- Support administrative, logistics, and catering support for all internal meetings, events and projects (i.e. learning program, milestone events, corporate volunteering days, employee engagement survey, employee value proposition)
- Provide support on logistics and coordination of EDI training and budget tracking in collaboration with Talent Management team
- Collect, summarize, and distribute feedback following special events or training
- Manage, maintain updates and access permissions for internal intranet pages, SharePoint sites (internal and external) and external corporate web page in collaboration with the internal stakeholders
- Identify and source potential awards, sponsorships, and partnership opportunities in support of the EDI&EE Strategies and Program. For selection awards and sponsorships, support coordination of the application submission and communication tactics if successful
- Assist with coordination and distribution of communications on behalf of the EDI&EE COE
- Manage and monitor the EDI&EE and Accessibility inbox and respond / redirect inquiries
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for the EDI&EE team members
- Process invoices as required
- Participate in department and corporate-level initiatives (i.e. MS Teams, SharePoint, Co-Pilot) to support efficient HR processes, practices and procedures
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the HR team to facilitate current and efficient HR processes, practices and procedures
- Provides back-up to other HR Technician and Advisors, as and when required
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Work from our downtown Victoria office. We are an in-person collaborative organization with the flexibility to work remotely 1-day a week
BCI offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan and paid time off.
The annualized base salary range for this Victoria-based role is CAD $62,000 to $70,000.
The base salary offered to the successful candidate will consider a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill set, level of experience applicable to the role they are being offered and consideration to internal equity.
We pay our people competitively in the markets in which we compete for talent and with consideration to internal equity and job structure. We aim for actual pay to be around the median of the market for target or expected levels of performance, and around the upper quartile of the market for excellent performance.
Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, experience and expertise.
WHY APPLY TO JOIN BCI
With our values as our anchor, it’s our people that help shape employee-focused initiatives and who create the environment we work in each day – all of which further strengthens our culture. BCI has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers – for the fourth consecutive year - and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees, including;
- Extended health and dental coverage start on your first day of work. We have you covered!
- Time off includes: 20 days vacation, 6 paid sick days, 6 paid personal days, and 2 paid days for volunteering – to support physical, mental, and community health.
- Work one day per week from home.
- Annual wellness allowance to support an active lifestyle well as physical well-being when working at home.
- Our telehealth provider Dialogue connects you and your family to virtual healthcare appointments.
- Eligibility to the defined benefit BC Public Service Pension Plan providing you with a secure retirement income.
- On-going learning through our in-house mentoring program, professional dues support, and online and in-house learning.
- Invested in your learning: BCI investment professionals lead a monthly Investment Club to share industry knowledge with employees who work in other departments.
CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2023
TO APPLY Apply online and provide a resume and a cover letter outlining your career goals and interest in Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Employee Experience.
We encourage timely submissions of applications as candidates will be actively reviewed and the interview process may advance earlier.
At BCI, we value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive culture where all employees can be successful.
We are performance and client focused and value integrity; if you share these values, we want to know you.
We recognize that some skills can be learned on the job and encourage all to apply.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), contact us at email@example.com. We would like to hear from you!