The Manager delivers and leads city-wide inspection, enforcement and business support activities ensuring effective deployment of resources (human and financial) and ensures appropriate linkages with internal and external stakeholders/partners (through three direct managers). The role acts as a strategic leader and drafts policy for the Compliance, Mobile Licensing and Business Support areas of Enforcement.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide strategic advice to senior leadership on C&E initiatives and operational issues and supports the Director, Enforcement at briefings on key initiatives requiring approval.
- Manages issues related to the branches operational strategy and anticipate solutions and strategy to improve and rectify problems.
- Development of program strategy, methodology and framework to support the delivery of the branches regulatory mandate.
- The role leads and creates operational policy and business planning for its area primarily through updating existing bylaws and creating net new bylaws
- Input strategic business decisions to operationalize strategy for Mobile Licensing, Compliance and Business Support units reporting to the role.
- Benchmarking with other jurisdictions for any future changes to the area’s design and working cross functionally within the city (Legal, Fire, Property Standards, etc.) to ensure bylaws are designed and enforced properly
- Oversee and manage the preparation of written materials, e.g. Corporate Reports, project/pilot submissions and discussion papers related to the C&E program and service delivery mandate
- Responsible for drafting new bylaws and working cross functionally with Legal and other areas of the City to enforce bylaws
- Utilizes subject matter expertise to interpret bylaws including how to enforce or revise which demonstrating specialized judgement for complex situations and potential outcomes.
- Provide business guidance to Managers, Supervisors and teams ensuring effective deployment of investigative and enforcement resources to meet case load pressures and emerging trends/issues.
- Leads the branches Annual Report, ensuring it highlights caseloads, emerging trends, orders issued, legislation enforcement results (complaints investigated, orders issued, APS, Part I and Part III charges, and convictions, etc.) and financial reporting
- Training and preparing the Business Support and C&E teams around bylaw upholding for areas where escalations may occur and providing standardized training to officers in the team.
- Oversees and/or conducts fact-findings and investigations as the Director’s designee for high profile or contentious cases. Contribute input to senior management decision-making process by presenting recommendations, facts, and analysis regarding deliverables.
- 10+ years experience in the field of regulatory compliance
- Municipal / Government experience, law enforcement, working with other regulatory offices (police, CFIA, BIAs, etc.)
- University degree in a related field
- Experience in leading and managing teams in a highly fast-paced working environment
- Experience working with elected officials when dealing with complex and/or contentious issues, demonstrating an understanding of the political environment
- Proven track record of displaying sound judgement and tact in public forums, excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Has formed, developed and led highly effective, professional, motivated and engaged and collaborative teams
- Outstanding skills in influence and persuasion and the ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion in all relationships and interactions
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to summarize to brief the Director on potential contentious issues prepare briefing notes, information notes and report on C&E issues and deliverables.
- Oversee and prepare overall budget of $8-12M and work cross functionally with Finance to implement, forecast and track inputs.
- Subject Matter Expertise and ability to conduct risk analysis for deliverables that impact achievement of program commitments
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 128,062.00 - $ 170,749.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Mavis North, Enforcemnt/C Stor
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Enforcement Division,Enforcement Division
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.