- Job ID: ADMN-23/24-173
- Location: Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston (with Tri-Campus Responsibilities)
- Deadline: November 24, 2023
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: January 2024
- Department: Belonging, People, and Culture
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Reporting to the Vice President, Belonging, People and Culture, the Associate Director, Talent Management will advance St. Lawrence College (SLC) commitment to Belonging, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (BEDI), Indigenous Ways of Knowing and Being (IWKB), Wellness, the achievement of the strategic plans, and SLC Values of Students First, Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Belonging. The Associate Director, Talent Management will lead the College’s talent management strategies, including organizational performance, staff and leadership development in support of the SLC Strategic Plan. These talent management strategies include, the implementation of workforce planning and succession planning frameworks; management and leadership development programs; management of professional development (PD) funds; talent acquisition; and the SLC values based performance management program. This position is a member of the Belonging, People and Culture Leadership Team that delivers innovative human resources strategies and client focused operational excellence.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study such as Human Resources. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
A minimum of 9 years of recent, progressively responsible experience working in human resources, including HR management and leadership experience. Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and managing HR best practices, processes and procedures with particular emphasis on workforce planning and succession planning frameworks, management and leadership development programs, talent acquisition and performance management. Experience and proven success with developing and implementing process improvements in support of strategic initiatives. Experience designing, implementing and evaluating employee programs. Liaison experience working with senior management.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of HR practices and principles, as well as HR trends
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Team building, leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to design and implement leading practice talent management strategies.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and listening skills.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and collaborative manner on multiple, concurrent and potentially complex priorities.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and project management software (Microsoft Office Suite); email communications (MS Outlook).
- Understanding of labour legislation, collective agreements and Belonging, EDI best practices.
- Understanding of basic accounting/budgeting principles.
- Intercultural competency and an approach that fosters people development in a diverse workplace.
- The incumbent must represent the College’s values and foster the desired culture.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work hybrid from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s hybrid work environment. The incumbent may be required to sit at a desk working on a computer for a considerable amount of time. The incumbent may be required to lift a moderate amount of the time such as lifting and/or carrying heavy luggage/materials. Travel to other campuses in Brockville, Kingston and Cornwall and to conferences on an occasional basis is required.
SALARY & TERMS
- Admin Group: Pay Band 12: $99,792.00 - $ 133,056 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: November 8, 2023
- Closing Date: November 24, 2023 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Belonging, People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Talent Acquisition Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.
This job opportunity is open to both internal and external applicants. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.