Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable & Commodity Tax, this position is responsible for the day to day operation of the City's commercial credit card program and SAP Concur Expense. The Procurement Card (PCard) Administrator manages relationships with the credit card service provider and the cardholders, ensures expenses and required receipts are received timely, in accordance with the City's corporate policies, communicates issues of concern and escalates incidents of fraud to the Supervisor for action, and proposes changes in process that will maximize efficiencies and mitigate risk. This position also generates monthly reports to identify issues and performs transactional accounting functions related to the PCard program.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Play the role of a primary contact between the City & the Commercial Card provider.
- Receive & validate corporate card applications. Ensure that eligible staff signs the conditions for using the corporate card.
- Forward new applications to card provider for cards to be issued.
- Assist in the development of company policies, account policies and internal controls; support development of reporting and monitoring tools for Concur.
- Supervise compliance with expense report submission requirements, monitor Concur reporting and tracking dashboards - perform a critical second line review function.
- Key point-of-contact for internal and external auditors.
- Work with Concur support and the internal IT team to create support tickets.
- Monitor daily expense import and upload to accounting system.
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card for Supervisor review and approval.
- Receive service providers’ invoices and process for payment. Ensure that payments are made on time and in line with the signed framework agreement.
- Perform monthly identification & reconciliation of all outstanding transactions.
- Introduce and monitor applications (set up new users, increasing the tiers, unlocking cards, disputed transactions, resetting passwords etc.).
- Manage technical issues: (i) Manage & report incidents occurring during card use, and (ii) Help cardholders, capture daily metrics
- Monitor the use of commercialcards and initiate corrective action where required.
- Propose solutions to improve process & ensure data integrity.
- Update corporate card information related to location transfers & terminations.
- Audit & monitor corporate card use ensuring all charges are eligible transactions that comply with procurement directives and are in accordance with card policy & relevant manual.
- Report any fraudulent use of the corporate cards to the cardholder’s manager and AP Supervisor.
- Assess the provider’s service quality.
- Prepare monthly reports on P-Card transactions. Perform regular & ad-hoc reporting as may be required or requested.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors in annual and special audit schedules.
- Responds to team member inquiries in a prompt, accurate, and professional manner. Correctly answer team member questions regarding system issues, corporate policies, customer and vendor requirements, and tax and government guidelines.
- Back-up to the Team Lead for daily disbursements.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- A minimum of five (3) years progressive experience in Finance, Administration, and Accounting is required.
- Priorexperience administering a commercial credit card program is preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service or customer facing role helpful.
- Act with integrity and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information being exemplary to all staff.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge and skills anticipate and manage risks; apply the fundamentals to ensure reduced risk to business deliverables.
- Demonstrate the required technical knowledge for the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to present information accordingly
Hourly Rate/Salary:$31.75 - $42.34
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Civic Centre
Organization Unit:CMO/Accounts Payable
Department/Division/Section:CMO/City Manager's Office,CMO/Finance Division,Business Planning & Financial Servic
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.