Responsible to assist in the delivery and operations of a comprehensive sport league program as developed by Recreation Department and is responsible to assist with training functions. Responsible for supervision and scheduling of officiating staff and to ensure adequate safety of participants and staff while facilitating and reporting league games. Senior person in charge within the program area.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Support the objectives and philosophies of the league programs as established by the Recreation Division through quality customer and staff relations.
- Ensure supervision of players and provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants by adhering to department safety standards and assisting with emergency procedures
- Conduct safety checks of program equipment and allocated facilities to ensure facilities are cleaned up and the equipment is stored properly after use.
- Adhere to entrance / exit guidelines and validate use of services (registration, attendance, waivers). NOTE: this is much greater at the start of the session - particularly ensuring that all players have registered, cross referencing team rosters to class lists to player stat sheets etc.
- Form equitable and balanced teams for league play including playoff games
- Assist in the planning, training and direct supervision of game officials
- Accurately and on time complete all related administrative tasks
- Complete and cross reference game sheets, game stats and scores within 24-48 hours of games times. League conveners ensure accurate scoring of the games.
- To communicate with team captains and/or team players regarding league policies and schedules
- Effectively and in a timely manner communicate any issues/information that could impart the quality and safe delivery of the program to the MOD or direct supervisor
- To communicate regularly with Facility Operations staff as required and report any concerns/damage to the Supervisor immediately
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the playing rules of the specified sport required; (indoor soccer, volleyball, and basketball or floor hockey)
- Strong communication, organizational and supervision skills.
- Muse be able to work flexible hours to ensure supervision and continuity of the league.
- Referee’s license or coaching certification in the specific sport is an asset.
- Emergency First Aid / CPR “B” certification (Lifesaving Society /Canadian Red Cross Society / St. John’s Ambulance or the Canadian Ski Patrol).
- Primarily community centre environment
Hourly Rate/Salary:20.77 - 26.24
Hours of Work:10+
Work Location:Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Organization Unit:CMS/Leagues & Tournaments
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation & Culture Division,Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.
If you are selected for an interview you are expected to disclose all current positions held in the City, whether full time or part time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.