Knowledgeable and familiar with the playing rules of the specified sport required and possess strong communication and organizational skills.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and QualificationsReferee’s certification in the specific sport is an asset 3-5 years of officiating, administration or playing experience in an Adult Sport League environment Emergency First Aid / CPR “B” certificate Primarily community centre environment
- Impart knowledge of the game to players and other league officials
- Attend discipline hearings as required and provide all the required documentation. (i.e. dismissal reports, accident/incident reports, etc…)
- Understand the technical rules of the sport and enforce them
- Making confident calls during league play and addressing player concerns
- Communicating effectively with other league officials, league officeand convener.
- Keeping games on time
- Enforcing sport specific rules and disciplinary action for players, coaches and spectators
- Communicate with players throughout the game and ensure and promote fair play
- Provide quality customer service to league participants - answer questions, provide them with rationale, accept feedback
- Ensure the safety of league participants and complete safety checks of the league playing area
- Enforce league rules and maintain consistencyby calling appropriate sport specific infractions
- Respond professionally to irate players, and potentially volatile situations and diffuse verbal and physical altercations
- Deescalate heated situations by utilizing game management and redirect players throughout the game.
Hourly Rate/Salary:31.61 - 42.15
Hours of Work:10+
Work Location:Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation & Culture Division,Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.