City of Mississauga Aquatics provides many opportunities for part time employment, both year round and seasonally.
Join our Aquatics team and get more than just a job, get an experience that will last a lifetime. As part of our dynamic team you will develop teamwork, leadership, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills. Qualified and trained Lifeguards and Swimming Instructors are an integral part of our community. All of our staff plays an important role in maintaining a safe aquatic environment and providing enjoyable swimming lessons for people of all ages. Please note: Successful candidates will be placed into one of our pools if and when a vacancy occurs. This could take several weeks to months to be placed into one of our facilities.
Here are our tentativepool locations:
Frank McKechnieDuties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all swimmers.
- Teach all swimming program levels to participants.
- Participate in pre-season and in-service training during March 2024.
- Successfully complete all on line training modules.
- Assist with special events and facility promotion.
- Incorporate and model the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development in program delivery where appropriate.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
Please note : Candidates do not need their qualifications to apply but MUST have them no later than March 17, 2024.
- 15 years of age or older
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor and Emergency First Aid Instructor
- Lifesaving National Lifeguard Pool
- Standard First Aid Certification andCPR “C” with AED (Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance or Canadian Ski Patrol).
- HIGH FIVE ® Principlesof Healthy Child Development.
- Shift work, including days, evenings and weekends.
- Part-time positions available.
- Proof of current awards must be provided.
- A Level 3 - Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$18.59 - $22.13
Hours of Work:up to 24 hours per week
Work Location:various locations
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,Aquatics, Therapeutic & Fitness
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at email@example.com with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.