The Malton Youth Hub is a 2 story facility dedicated to enhancing the lives of youth, empowering them through capacity building and skill development opportunities, encouraging civic engagement while simultaneously providing them a safe space away from adults to build confidence and resilience leading to safer community.
We are currently looking for a qualified Sous Chef who will be part of our culinary team! Previous experience must reflect knowledge in quick service, catering and banquets. Strong knowledge of current dining trends, various international cuisines as well as exceptional technical, time management and organizational skills are required.Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting into the Executive Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Skills and Qualifications
- Hands on in the food production for high volume facilities, while maintaining all of the kitchen equipment and operational systems
- Menu planning and development with costing information
- Plan and coordinate events including buffets, platted, family style and BBQ's
- Supervise, train, coach and mentor part time and other City staff
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to maintain the operating budget
- Conduct monthly inventory counts and exercise portion control and efficientproduct management
- Ordering, receiving and verification of all food products and kitchen supplies
- Compliance of all health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Act as the supervisor responsible for all kitchen operations in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education in Culinary Arts or equivalentwith 2 years experience.
- Red Seal Certification or recognized International Equivalent is mandatory
- Valid Food Handlers Certification is required
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, teamwork, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software applications
- Possess a valid Emergency First Aid and CPR B certification or must be willing to obtain within three (3) months of start date
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required
- Position requires travel between City of Mississauga facilities. Valid Ontario Drivers License and access to a vehicle is required
- Must be available and flexible to work a varied schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 65,753.00 - $ 87,671.00
Hours of Work:40
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation & Culture Division,South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.