Responsible for meeting the objective of operating a highly efficient business, in a safe and successful manner. To coordinate front line staff and oversee all food related events at the various food service locations. Will assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations related to food services. To perform opening and closing events/concessions procedures for the food service locations. Follow established cash handling guidelines and procedures with staff and act as supervisor on duty during events as assigned in absence of full time staff.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide functional support and guidance to all employees within the food service areas.
- Perform tasks and shifts as a working supervisor, providing support to all areas of the food service team.
- Supervision of servers, training, and timely communication
- Assist with promoting the business by developing customer relations through a high degree of customer service.
- Work as a team member to control costs and monitor loss prevention.
- Coordinate food, beverage and meeting room set-up requirements as per instructions provided by the event co-ordinator.
- Perform inventory checks to ensure that adequate equipment levels and controls are in place to ensure a smooth operation.
- Manage set-up, organization and supervision of all food service functions for events/concessions at the food service locations.
- Ensure every aspect of event experience is outstanding - set up, lighting, meal service, problem resolution, timing, cleanliness.
- Reporting any equipment failures or potential safety hazards following proper procedures
- Ensures compliance is met on all Standard Operating procedures and newly implemented menu items.
- Participate in regular event/banquet coordinator banquet food service team meetings
- Performs other duties assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience at a supervisory level in the food service industry.
- Experience directly supervising events is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication is required as well as having the ability to work independently.
- Have a firm understanding of employee supervision practices, and the requirements to successfully oversee events/concessions
- Computer skills are required, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn new programs.
- Knowledge of Silverware, EZSuite, and Global Payments software is an asset.
- A valid Food Handlers and Smart Serve Certification is required (or willing to obtain before start date)
- Current Emergency First Aid / CPR "B" required within 6 months of start date
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2), which is acceptable to the City of Mississauga
- Required to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Hourly Rate/Salary:19.69 - 24.06
Hours of Work:up to 24 per week
Work Location:Civic Centre, Living Arts Centre, Marina, BraeBen and Lakeview Golf Courses, and Meadowvale Concessions
Organization Unit:CMS/Clock Tower Cafe and Banquet Hall
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation & Culture Division,South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at email@example.com with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.