Working for the City means you are part of something special and will be part of a team of talented and motivated people. Development Engineering & Construction is growing and we are looking for up to two (2) Technologists to be a part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people involved in the review of development applications.
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Development Engineering, this position will:
Skills and Qualifications
- Coordinate, review plans and reports and prepare comments on District Plan, Draft Plan, Official Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Site Plan and Condominium applications to ensure compliance with Municipal and Provincial regulations and engineering practices;
- Review each application with respect to service availability and development restrictions, and interpret and administer departmental polices in order to provide conditions for development;
- Determine/establish security and fee amounts in support of development application approvals;
- Coordinate, review and prepare comments on engineering submissions associated with the construction of municipal infrastructure required for development;
- Coordinate and provide conditions and clauses for inclusion in development-related legal agreements;
- Assist applicants in satisfying engineering requirements and clearance of conditions;
- Conduct site inspections associated with development applications;
- Carry out background research and assist with the development and update of policies, procedures and technical standards for development-related municipal servicing and infrastructure;
- Participate and represent Development Engineering & Construction as a working team member on external and multi-departmental initiatives;
- Respond to requests and/or attend meetings organized by the offices of the Mayor and Members of Council, other departments, developers, consultants, the public and outside agencies as required, to provide information/direction regarding development engineering related matters;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Community College in the Civil Engineering Technology Program or related discipline;
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or related professional designation is required and/or candidate must be in progress of obtaining it;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related engineering experience in municipal land development, or related experience;
- Good understanding of urban planning processes and engineering requirements, including knowledge of Province of Ontario statues, regulations and guidelines such as the Planning and Municipal Acts;
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and work in a cooperative and team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with internal staff, members of the public, and members of external agencies and professionals in the building and development industry;
- Must be proficient in reading and interpretation of engineering drawings, specifications and engineering reports and documents;
- Proven time management, administrative skills with an aptitude for details, organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office and sound file management is essential; with knowledge and/or experience of Max, ePlans, and Infor an asset;
- A valid Ontario Driver's License Class "G" is required, and must have the ability to travel and provide own transportation in order to conduct site visits or attend meetings is multiple locations, as required.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 41.11 - $ 54.81
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Infrast Planning & Eng Serv Div,Development Engineering & Constr
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at email@example.com with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.