As the Manager of the HR Management Systems team, you will be responsible for the establishment and execution of anHuman Resources (HR) technology roadmap that drives process optimization, enhances data-driven decision-making, and transforms the employee experience. You will play a pivotal role in overseeing the strategic implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization's HR systems. You will lead a team responsible for managing, optimizing and implementing HR systems, ensuring that they effectively support HR processes, streamline operations, and contribute to the overall success of the HR division and the organization. You will work collaboratively with leadership, Business Process Owners (BPOs), HR Centers of Excellence (CoEs) and various stakeholders across the organization, and will act as the main point between the HR and IT Divisions.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Contributes to the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the HR strategic technology road map. Develops and implements short and long term technology plans to deliver the HR Division’s business goals and objectives. Identifies technology opportunities and challenges and uses data analysis to help influence changes to business operations, process or programs.
- Provides oversight on HR technology projects and coordinates with IT, Payroll and HR Centres of Expertise as necessary. Supports the acquisition of information systems and technology within Human Resources. Can lead and/or collaborate on HR vendor negotiation, selection and management, as required.
- Accountable for the uninterrupted operation and timing maintenance of SAP SuccessFactors and other HR systems including ensuring the resolution of incidents with complete adherence to the business SLAs.
- Establishes the framework, governance and business processes to support all HR cloud based solutions, releases and maintenance.
- Analyzes HRIS and transactional service requirements and consults with HR staff, IT, Finance/Payroll and clients to identify, establish, monitor and administer systems and related procedures that maximize technology to support effective and efficient services.
- Develops business cases for new technology solutions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to efficiency and continuous improvement through innovation and best practices implementation.
- Representing HR Division on Corporate technology related initiatives. (e.g. SAP Roadmap, Digital Records, Metrics and Analytics)
- Partners and builds excellent working relationships with variety of stakeholders - Business Process Owners, Technology and Human Resources shared services, Program Steering Committee, System Integrators, IT Suppliers, and Operations teams to achieve long term and short term business objectives.
- Acts as the HR/IT Technology Liaison, i.e. Main contact point between HR and IT on technology matters.
- Coordinates quarterly release management activities between HR COEs and IT. (e.g. Release management planning; evaluation & impact assessment; testing & deployment.)
- Coordinates and collaborates with HR to develop related metrics and workforce insights, including standard data elements and reporting.
- Provides leadership to team members through coaching, guiding, modelling and evaluating key behaviours and strategies, encourages dialogue and provides guidance and advice to facilitate resolutions to work issues.
- Minimum 5 years experience in HR, IT and/or technology management with progressively responsible experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of leadership experience.
- Post secondary education in HR, IT, Business or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading HR system implementations. Experience leading implementations of SAP SuccessFactors and/or SAP HCM/ERP are an asset.
- Strongexpertise in SAP SuccessFactors modules, including Employee Central (EC) and Employee Central Payroll (ECP),or other HR Systems. Certifications are an asset.
- Advanced communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Computer and technology skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Webex.
- Demonstrated strength in project management. Project Management certifications are an asset.
- Demonstrated change management skills and knowledge. Change management certifications are an asset.
- Demonstrated lean/continuous improvement skills and knowledge. Lean certifications are an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$51.16 to $68.22 (Based on salary Grade G $ 93,120.00 - $ 124,160.00)
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Civic Centre
Organization Unit:CMO/HR Management Systems
Department/Division/Section:CMO/City Manager's Office,CMO/HR Division,HR Systems & Support Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at email@example.com with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.