Come and join our great team at the Marinas!
This position will be responsible for handling customer inquiries in person and over the phone during their shift. They are required to follow all Divisional Cash Handling policies and procedures with great detail and accuracy. Accurate daily cash deposits, daily reporting of sales, account monitoring, cash audits and monthly concession reporting are key responsibilities for this position.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Maintain file systems and file correspondence and other records.
- Assist with administrative duties which support the programs and services offered at the facilities.
- Assist with inputting and maintaining of R/3 payroll records.
- Accounts receivable and reconciliation.
- Assist with ensuring daily revenue reports are accurate and appropriate financial and statistical records are maintained including the preparation of daily revenue reports and auditing of daily revenue, bank deposits.
- Complete weekly float audits.
- Assist with tracking of food and alcohol, and the ordering of those items accordingly.
- Accurately prepare bank deposits while adhering to Cash Handling policies and procedures.
- Assist with daily and monthly inventory count verification.
- Assist with the oversight and administration of the concessions operation.
- Must have own transportation between Lakefront Promenade and Credit Village Marinas.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in cash handling and providing administrative support is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with good analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills are essential to work in a fast paced environment.
- Smart Serve training is an asset
- Emergency First Aid Certification is required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Class and Point of Sale software.
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and late evening shifts ifrequired.
Hourly Rate/Salary:16.94 - 20.22
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Lakefront Promenade Marina
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment,Parks Operations
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.