Do you want to help build a great City and be a part of something big, something special? If so, Development Engineering & Construction is looking for a Development Construction Technologist to be a part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Development Construction, this position will:
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide detailed reviews of engineering consultant’s grading and drainage designs for adherence to the City’s development requirements and specifications associated with infill residential, commercial/industrial, swimming pools and related development agreements;
- Determine and manage the Lot Grading and Municipal Services Protection deposits for Site Plan Applications/Building Permits, in accordance with City By-Law requirements;
- Review as-constructed engineering drawings;
- Conduct pre- and post- construction site inspections to ensure as-built compliance and establish deposit release requirements;
- Coordinate with engineering consultants to resolve discrepancies related to grading deficiencies;
- Assist with administering development-related agreements entered into between the City, Region and outside developer for new/replacement infrastructure related to developments, from construction commencement until final acceptance;
- Assist with providing inspection comments related to condominium conversions and registration;
- Carry out background research and assist with the development and update of policies, procedures and technical standards for development-related requirements;
- Participate and represent Development Engineering & Construction as a working team member on external and multi-departmental initiatives;
- Respond to requests and/or attend meetings organized by the offices of the Mayor and Members of Council, other departments, developers, consultants, the public and outside agencies as required, to provide information/direction regarding development construction related matters;
- Liaises with multi-disciplined professionals in various City departments to ensure all City requirements have been met prior to release of security/deposits
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Community College in the Civil Engineering Technology Program or related discipline;
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or related professional designation is required and/or candidate must be in progress of obtaining it;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related construction experience in municipal land development, or related experience;
- Good understanding of engineering requirements, including knowledge of Province of Ontario statues, regulations and guidelines such as the Planning and Municipal Acts, as well as the Ontario Health & Safety Act as it pertains to the construction industry;
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and work in a cooperative and team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions within scope of position;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with internal staff, members of the public, and members of external agencies and professionals in the building and development industry;
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and engineering reports and documents;
- Proven time management, administrative skills with an aptitude for details, organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office and sound file management is essential; with knowledge and/or experience of Max, ePlans, and Infor an asset;
- Must have the ability to travel and provide own transportation in order to conduct site visits or attend meetings is multiple locations, as required.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 74,817.00 - $ 99,758.00
Hours of Work:35 hours
Work Location:Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Infrast Planning & Eng Serv Div,Development Engineering & Constr
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . Accommodations
The City of Mississauga is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to removing barriers in our selection process for people with visible and invisible disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.