Project Technologist - Energy
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST - ENERGY
Job ID: 4043
SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST - ENERGY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Energy & Sustainability, the Project Technologist, Energy assists in ensuring that all projects developed and administered by BC Housing are consistent with energy and sustainability guidelines. He/she/they provides technical and reporting support for energy retrofit projects, new construction projects, education projects, and in-house sustainability programs. The incumbent assists in the collection of utility data for energy and water use performance tracking and greenhouse gas emission reporting. The position also assists in the development of energy efficiency and sustainability design standards, tenant engagement programs and writes case study reports on sustainability projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Building Technology, Engineering, Architectural Technology Program or other relevant field
- Considerable experience in energy efficiency and environmental sustainability projects
- Sound experience with case study report writing, developing business cases and detailed report writing
- Sound experience with financial analyses, budget preparation and budget management
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound Knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, and green building systems
- Sound knowledge of energy and economic analysis tools (Greenhouse gas emissions, Life-cycle cost analysis, ROI, NPV, payback).
- Good knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Ability to work effectively with in variety of team settings and ability to work independently
- Ability to read and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects
- Ability to be detail-oriented, professional and approachable
- Ability to create and present educational materials
- Proficiency in Technical and Case Study report writing and in using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers