Business Support Coordinator
BUSINESS SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Job ID: 4061
REGULAR / FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
BUSINESS SUPPORT COORDINATOR:
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the Business Support Coordinator supports assigned business area(s) with responsibilities such as: identifying and planning for training requirements for external clients, coordinating and maintaining their access to BC Housing systems, and providing training for staff on all systems. He/she/they undertakes various business processes, feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit studies, assesses and recommends the need for new systems, monitors data interfaces, identifies and investigates errors, and resolves problems. The position provides first level help desk systems support for internal and external users.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial completion of a diploma in computer science, business administration, accounting, or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable experience in the use of systems and business processes. Some experience with business analysis, business reporting design and development, data management, and new systems implementation.
- Sound experience training adult learners in a workplace environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some knowledge and understanding of business analysis, business reporting design, data management and new system implementation
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s structure, business operations, housing programs and services, and clientele
- Ability to learn, understand, and provide expertise in BC Housing mission-critical applications
- Ability to provide system expertise, and plan and deliver system training to internal and external clients
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines, adapt to changing critical priorities and work under pressure in a demanding and dynamic atmosphere.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with housing partners
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong initiative, with ability to identify and assess issues and propose solutions, take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Occasional travel throughout the province may be required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers