Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Vector Institute is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help source, identify, screen, and hire individuals for various roles across the organization. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the successful incumbent will lead in the oversight and execution of all recruitment related programs and services for the Vector Institute.
- In partnership with HR Business Partners, develop long-term talent strategies to ensure the staffing needs of the organization are met.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to build a diverse pipeline of talent (i.e. job websites, colleges, professional networks).
- Provide input into Vector’s overall hiring strategy to ensure Vector teams consist of diverse and qualified individuals.
- Develop and implement end-to-end hiring processes to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers and other members of staff to determine selection criteria and ensure clear candidate/interview team expectations.
- Source applicants through multiple including online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks.
- Manage the overall interview, selection, and closing processes:
- Create interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position.
- Assess candidate applications to identify a suitable talent pool from available candidates;
- Plan the interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, and in-person interviews (if possible);
- Complete reference checks; and,
- Facilitate the offer process and negotiation of employment terms.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong talent pipeline;
- Maintain accurate records and reporting metrics for recruitment, to share with key stakeholders; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Feedback from Vector staff and other stakeholders validates that recruitment practices are efficient and effective.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist becomes a trusted and respected partner by providing valued services, counsel, and support.
- Vector achieves its recruitment targets and goals; and,
- Documentation and reporting are timely, accurate, and complete.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A University degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in talent acquisition/recruitment in a high growth organization supporting both technical and non-technical teams.
- Extensive experience with full cycle recruitment, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to devise a variety of sourcing strategies for potential applicants.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- An ability to learn and understand the requirements of different roles in a variety of sectors (i.e technology, academia/research, non-profit).
- Proficient in documenting processes, reporting, and keeping up with industry trends.
- Passionate about finding and successfully attracting great talent to Vector and in contributing to Vector’s success in achieving its mission and strategic objectives.